|Dear OBH Community,
The OBH Council firmly stands with the Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) community and the Black Lives Matter movement. We strive to honor the countless individuals and families who face systemic racism and senseless violence in their everyday lives. The Council is reflecting on its own history and future goals with systemic equity in mind. We recognize the long road ahead of us in the work we must do to truly address the marginalization that occurs in our programs and commit to making these serious issues a top priority.
In support of Black lives and all People of Color, the Council further pledges to:
- continue on-going critical self evaluation
- create formal diversity and inclusion goals in the Council’s strategic plan
- continue supporting the OBH Center by providing data and opening our programs to external, objective review
- supporting our membership in the development of safe, inclusive,and equitable workplace and client care standards.
- encourage and support collaborative partnerships to ensure equitable access to and inclusion in the outdoors
We look forward to the coming months and years, and doing our part to make the world a better, healthier place.
The OBH Council Officers:
Lynette Spencer, Chair
Karen Scrafford, Vice-Chair
Tara Feeney-Stireman, Treasurer
Katelyn Brevard, Secretary
Rick Heizer, Past Chair